Sunday, May 22

Scaredy Pants

I live in an apartment that has a stair well where the doors of the apartments face each other. I have been told that the people who share a stair landing with us are a married couple, therefore I have no idea who they are. Also, I have only seen the woman once, ever.

Yesterday I was in a rush to leave my apartment and was hurrying to get gone, and opened the door preparing to lock it behind me. It was a busy day, and I was lost in my own thoughts that I was not expecting to see anyone on our door step. As I opened the door I caught out of the corner of my eye two boys right in front of me. I jumped SO high! They were waiting at the other couples apartment, but startled me.

I quickly locked my door, and just told them that apparently I am a jumpy person. I could see that they were just were smiling at me. They were both dressed up, and my immediate thought was home teachers. As I walked past them to leave, I noticed the name tags.... Elders.


How humiliating! As I walked away I giggled with disbelief at my luck and silly nerves.

I can only imagine the letters their families will be getting this week:
Dear Mom and Dad, 
We were out tracking at an apartment building today and scared the pants off of some girl. I never expected to have people actually SCARED of us. 
Better luck next week.
xoxo  

1 comment: