Friday, May 6

Dear DownEast,


I work at DownEast Outfitters. I have for... well since forever. I know that is kinda crazy, but I just love the people there, and one day will leave, but as for now, it can't be beat!

Best days at work are when I have a shift with one of the girls who, like myself, think I'm pretty funny. I didn't have a place to record these beauties, but now that I blog, I'll fill you in on some of our funnier experiences.

-We have two front doors, on both ends of the wall,  at the front of the store. One of them is always locked, and the other one is the front door. It never fails to bring a smile to my face, when people try and open the locked door, and the expressions that come to their faces. Seriously, in one hour tonight there were three different attempts. Good times.

-We have work meetings after close, and it is always a weird time period between the afternoon shift and then the meeting a few hours later. It's not long enough to drive home, but too long to hang out by yourself.  One employee has debated about going to a movie by herself once. At a different occasion there were a three of us who had this awkward time.  We all decided to go do something together, but then when it came down to it didn't. At the meeting one girl came up to me pretending to be really hurt about the situation. I asked her if she had just sat home picking her nose and her response was "Well most the time I did!!" Yes, yes, she did just confess to picking her nose.

-Today I was feeling pretty hyper, and started to rock out to one of the songs. A different employee walked by and I said, "Sometimes I just feel like dancing!" She chucked and then said "You always say that!"  ....I guess I should now say "I always feel like dancing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment