Thursday, April 28

Another year older and wiser too!

Either kids these days are looking younger or I am getting older....  


Today when I went to the dollar store, yep I went again, this little boy was pulling in right in front of me.  Seriously he looked like he was 12.  


Yes, I had a birthday. The BIG TWO ONE!


I even went today and got my drivers license renewed. Yep, I'll get one that is landscape, all big and grownup-like. (and be jealous: in and out of the DMV in 15 minutes, that's a record!)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So now for the party update:


We had a TIKI party, out in my apartment Solarium on Saturday night. I decided I wanted to have a mocktail party since I am of drinking age now, so I had a tiki theme and virgin margarettas.  It was so fun! Andrea and I bought the supplies on Thursday, and I wanted to decorate right then. I was so excited. 


I can't get the picture to rotate! sorry...


That day I woke up and got ready and prepared the food for the party. Then as a family we went to Zupas! Which I love! (except for the part that I said those exact words and then toppled my full glass of water onto my lap!)  




Then Andrea took me for my birthday surprise: 




Which I love! I told her a long time ago that since I am in X-rays that I am obsessed with skeletons right now. I said that I wanted a decal to put on my car, and she reveals that I get to pick one out for my birthday!!!  The coolest part was that we got to personalize it! We decided we liked this one's body but not the head that it originally had on it. So we switched around heads, moved it's arm, moved it's spinal cord, and added ribs. (if you can't tell the eyes are hearts!) It is amazing what those people can do! I love it! (the only problem is that I am currently car-less since my dad is trying to sell my car...)


Here are the other pictures from our adventure at the mall. 


Jessica joined us, hope we win the cruise!

No birthday is complete without Vance, our trusty birthday-cousin-of-elmo. He got some great looks from the ladies that day! :)


Chinese Birthday dinner!

Andrea's chopstick had issues. 

My baby!


Then it was party prep time, and then the P-A-R-T-Y! Which was so amazing! 
It was kinda interesting to see all the different aspects of people in my life to come together, but I loved the support I have from all of my friends.  It was a smash, and I am so grateful to all those who helped make my day so memorable! Yay for birthdays!!




No comments:

Post a Comment