Sunday, April 24

...and we almost got hit by 3 cars.

Finals were over, and it was time to prep for my PARTY!
I just turned twenty-one and threw myself a bash. Congruent with the status of 21 year old parties, I wanted my party to have some fun drinks.  So we decided to have a Tiki Bar and serve some VIRGIN margaretta's and strawberry daiquiries.


On Thursday the A-team (Andrea and I) went party shopping. We knew it was going to be an adventure, before we left. As we pulled into the dollar store parking lot, a car was not paying any attention and I had to swerve major, to avoid getting hit. This is car number one. 


We then saw this cute little old lady running out to her car. She must have been in a hurry, because she was booking it, but it was pretty funny.  -yes I do find humor in the most random things.


As we were looking for party supplies we found the JACKPOT! Tiki aisle, and as we are doing our happy dance a wonderful sales associate (Barbara) comes over and starts telling us that she wasn't supposed to even put the stuff out until after Easter, but she got too excited. We then explain that this is PERFECT for our party, and she tells us she has more in the back.  And guess what?!? SHE TOOK US BACK THERE! YEP MY MOST FAVORITE PLACE-BEHIND THE SCENES!  I knew it was going to be a good day.


Basically fantastic.


After loading up on everything amazing, we headed to our next destination. Wally's World, i.e. Walmart. Where yet again a car tried to hit us as we were walking into the store.  But not before we drove up and parked in front of this car.


this is my one picture from our day

 See that says M+A. I currently have a baby crush on this boy from the hospital, and his name starts with M. tee hee. The chances of things working out: 1 in 1000, the chances of him reading this 1 in 100. The chance I will see this car again and have the opportunity to be a silly girl and do things like this: priceless. 

We then found everything we needed and more in seriously two stops. I was planning on four. Life was good. And I was so excited about the decorations I wanted to set up right then. But I didn't. 

Next post: my party. 


No comments:

Post a Comment