Friday, March 23

My Call

I was anxiously awaiting and anticipating my call to come this past Wednesday.
Did it come? No.
Was I sad, disheartened, and basically disappointed? Yes.
I just can't wait to find out where I am going.
Am I a bit impatient? Yes, and a bit of a control freak, so this has been KILLING me!

But I did have a nice distraction all Wednesday-
My BFF Andrea and her man Justin tied the knot! It was beautiful: the day, the dress, the people, the place, the venue. It was just all very grand, and I couldn't be happier for the two of them. Photos are yet to come, but until then here is something exciting...

I talked to my Bishop, who has the ability to look online to see the progress of my papers. (why I didn't do this a week ago, I don't know) And he told me that as of March 22 (yesterday) my call has been assigned!!!

I have never known all that goes into assigning calls for the church. So, I researched and wanted to share this gem from President Henry B. Eyring:
“All my life, from the time I have been a young boy and as far back as I can remember, I have had experiences feeling of the Holy Ghost. … But I’ve never felt what I have felt as I have … participated in the assigning of missionaries. …
“We go into a room, and … it will be a two-or three-hour session and sometimes longer. Because of technology, it is possible for us to have your picture and the information about you displayed. And then quickly, on that same screen, all the missions of the Church with all of their needs are displayed. Within minutes, and sometimes less than a minute, the impression comes so powerfully that it would be, if it were a single instance, something that you would never forget. Can you imagine sitting there for hours at a time, having that happen time after time without interruption? I testify to you that it is real. …
“… In a world so large, the Creator … somehow not only knows you but loves you enough to ensure that your call is where He needs you to go to teach the children of our Heavenly Father.” “Called of God” (devotional address delivered at the Provo Missionary Training Center, Aug. 26, 1997).

Isn't that amazing?! I cannot wait! I really feel that there is someone out there that I personally am supposed to teach. Really I don't care where the location is, because I truly know that it is where I am supposed to be!  


What is really going to kill me is finding out when I leave. I'm ready, let's go!!


1 comment:

  1. AAAAHHHH!! Exciting! I hope you go to Dallas Texas Spanish speaking with ANNA! :D How sweet would that be!?!? You've gotta let me know asap! Happy news! Yay!

    ReplyDelete